Monday, June 23, 2008

Flower girls and bzoos!

This past weekend we headed to the Nashville area to attend a wedding. it was the wedding of the roomate of our regular sitter who also happens to work in my office as a student worker. And I love her dearly. She asked my girls to be her flower girls. We were all excited! The girls knew what to do as they kept telling me, "walk down the isle, throw flowers, stand on stage and smile" And they did get most of it right! The "isle" was the grass as it was an outdoor wedding. There was a very long walk then the chairs were set up after an archway. I told them not to throw their flowers until they got to the archway.
I was standing back there with them, directing traffic, handing out mints, and making sure they stayed out of the dirt. They got to the arch and stopped - didn't move for what seemed an eternity! They turned to look at me, I was waving them to go forward, their dad was waving them to go but they took their time. Ainsley (from what I was told since I was way behind them) was taking handfuls and tossing them while Renah took one petal at a time. When Ainsley's ran out she stopped and was waiting for someone to bring her more flowers. Finally, I guess she realized she was getting no more flowers and used Renah's as well. They made it down the isle and the bride could now begin coming down.
I went to sit down adn by the time I got to my seat Renah was already using her basket as a hat. She proceeded to squat and look at things with her hands holding her face braced on her knee then eventually sat on her bottom with her legs out in front of her. it was quite amusing! Ainsley was a little angel up there though - she stood and was so sweet about it all! We had the reception and the girls and I danced and blew bubbles. Renah told me, "I not be a flower girl anymore I tired!" But it's amazing how she perked up when we took them to the pool once we got back to the hotel.
The next morning, we had lunch with a friend from high school that I haven't seen since before I moved to Italy in 2000. We have emailed and talked on the phone since then but haven't seen each other in person. It was so great to catch up with her! We went to Cracker Barrel then to McDonalds so my girls could play while we visited. We started back home and missed our turn. We still knew we would be fine since we were still going toward Nashville, but with missing the turn we saw signs for the zoo (Renah decided that "the zoo" was actually "bzoo" so she kept saying "we are going to bzoo!") and decided that it was a nice day to do that. I was surprised at the cost I have never been to such an expensie zoo or maybe I have just been to really inexpensive zoos but we had fun.
This was the first outing like this we have not had a stroller. Renah was fine at first then she kept saying her leg hurt and would "limp". She wanted someone to carry her she didn't care who! Wade wanted them to walk so they would sleep on the way home. Despite the lack of a stroller, the girls enjoyed themselves and did fall asleep quickly after we gor in the car! The slept from Nashville to Chattanooga where we stopped for dinner. It was a nice weekend and felt long which as you know for weekends is rare! Oh - I put some pictures on my facebook of the girls - I am still working on myspace. Have a good week!

No comments: