Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
A. Put the logo on your blog.
B. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
C. Nominate ten other blogs, add links to those blogs, and leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
These are a few pictures from today. Renah was not happy about her scooter at first, but now loves it. Ainsley has been asking for one for awhile and was so excited. Ainsley said it was the best Christmas ever and that did us good. I hope you all had a wonderful day too.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
That's how long Wade and I have been married today. Wow, we have had quite a ride so far. We have lived in 12 different houses together and he had a couple of others while deployed. 2 countries (together) and 4 states! I love him more today than the day we married. He is my best friend and I cannot imagine life without him. So here we are then and now (ok not really now but we don't have our latest pics from my BIL) Yes, I realize these are not he best quality. I did a very technical thing with them - I took a picture of a picture hanging on the wall!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Wow it has been a busy few days. Here has been what's happened:
So as you can see we have had Ainsley in the handbell choirs, Renah was in the cherub choir, Ainsley was student of the month and had her first cheerleading game. And it's only Tuesday!
Ainsley's cheering brought back so many funny memories of me cheering - even the same color uniform! I am helping her learn the cheers and it is so many of the ones I did in school lol! She loved it and was so cute out there!
God has really shown his protection this week, you can read about it in my husband's blog. It was a real eye opener for us, and how we have to guard ourselves and our family in prayer and constantly be listening to the voice of God.
The rest of the week looks to be just as busy as this first half but I will try to stay connected. Have a good week!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
I would be 25 weeks pregnant by now. It is difficult to see pregnant women. I am not jealous or angry that they are pregnant, just sad that I am not. We are thinking of trying again soon. I have said before I am not trying to replace Mishael, but I do want a baby. I will never forget how happy I was while pregnant nor will I forget the misery I have gone through since finding out he was gone, but I know in my heart that my family is not complete yet. And I know that when we feel we are done having children, my family still will not be complete until we are reunited in heaven. I'm sorry if none of this makes sense.
When I started this blog, I just did it for me and anyone who would read. I still don't know who all reads it, but it has been so beneficial for me. I met someone at a Christmas party the other night. He works at the counseling center at the school, Wade was talking to him and called me over. 18 years ago, when his wife was 39 weeks pregnant they found out that the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck and she had died. He asked how I was and I of course started crying. He told me that just that week he had found his wife lying in bed crying because she missed Emily. He told me to come by anytime to talk to him if I wanted and I thought about it and might, but I really get out so many of my feelings here.
I know it would probably be good but I don't know if I am ready to share my grief face to face yet. That sounds crazy I know, but writing it down as I can is different than going to someone and telling them how I hate this happened and how much I miss him. Either way nothing changes the fact that he is gone. Well, this was not what I intended to write about , but that is the beauty of it. I can write what comes out and you can choose not to read it if you like. But if you did get this far, have a good day.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for the family and gift bags for others, not because I don't care but I am not a good wrapper or rapper for that matter.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Last year we went with real and I think as long as we are stateside we will have the real thing!
3. When do you put up the tree? I like putting it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving but this year we were out of town so we are putting it up today
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, in small amounts though
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the year I received the walkman - yes, a cassette one!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband and FIL
8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids and my MIL
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I think we lost that on one of our many moves
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail absolutely!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I got a gold sparkly black sweater from my mom right after I got married. I gushed over that ugly thing and later my husband cautiously asked me, " So you like that sweater your mom got you?" I laughed and said "absolutely not but my mom always buys me ugly clothes and I have had years of experience pretending to like them!" I was impressed with my acting abilities!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Movie and It's a Wonderful Life - 2 very different types but I love them both
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the spirit leads. - yep me too
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? guilty - 3 words- seashell picture frames
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? too much to choose from
16. Lights on the tree? Yes! I prefer white lights but Wade and the girls are all about the colors
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon! Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen! But do you recall… the most famous reindeer of aaaaaaaaaall… Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! - "borrowed"
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an angel whose wings light up and move but I think might be too big for the size tree we will need this year
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve - new jammies and the rest Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations put out too early. Patience, people! Let’s enjoy Thanksgiving first! - I agree
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like them ALL!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham and the sides
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? good memories
Friday, December 5, 2008
You ought to know that I am here (near)
You ought to know I'll be here to love you
Just to love you
Through all the pain and through the years
I'll be the one to dry your tears
I love you, I love you
Because you're mine
Child of mine I know that you're hurting
And I've seen you try to soldier on
I am here to lift away your burden
And I will hold you till the pain is gone
So today I promise forever
Tomorrow I'll say it again
You would give it all to know the answers
And I know you've heard this all before
I'm just here to help your heart remember
That no one else could ever love you more
So today I promise forever
Tomorrow, I'll say it again
So don't you ever doubt
You are my precious child
my glory in the making
The years will bring you many trials
But I will never let you down
I'm here with my arms open just waiting for
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
8 TV Shows I love to watch:
1. Jon and Kate Plus 8
2. The Office
4. Biggest Loser
6. HDTV - anything!
7. According to Jim
8. The Dugger's on TLC
8 Favorite Restaurants:
1. Macaroni Grill
2. Olive Garden
6. Cracker Barrel
8. Giada's (in Italy - my favorite!)
8 Things that happened today:
1. Got Ainsley to school.
2. Went to Physical Science
3. Had lunch at Lee with friends
4. Went to the gym
5. Made cornbread.
6. cleaned the living room a bit
7. procrastinated my studying
8. Caught up on reading blogs
8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Finals being over!
2.A clean house once school is over
4. My 9th anniversary coming up
6. Christmas shopping
7. My girls faces Christmas morning
8. Seeing my son again
8 Things on my Wish list:
1. A minivan
2. A computer for me so we could stop having to share
3.A nice vacation
4. A chance to have another baby
5.A constantly clean house
6. debt free
7. A massage
8. straight A's
People I tag: I don't know who all reads this -so if I didn't list you consider yourself tagged