Monday, May 12, 2008

Mommy's Day

Well, I hope you all had a great Mother's Day, mine was good. My girls gave me some homemade things. I received a bouquet of "flowers" from the girls. Their hands were traced several times and then rolled up and tied together to make a bouquet. Ainsley also made me a necklace, and Renah gave me some real flowers. The best of all came this morning. Yesterday at church, they gave out books where people wrote a few paragraphs about their mothers and they also asked the children different questions. I didn't get a chance to read it so I brought it into work with me. One of the questions was "What is your favorite thing to do with your mom?" My 4 year old was quoted saying. "Taking a nap with her." It melted my heart and of course I was trying to compose myself at my desk. It was absolutely beautiful. I think back at the birthday parties I have planned for her, and the presents I have given her and her favorite are the little things - just being with me. That is how we need to feel with our Heavenly Father - just being happy being with Him, reguardless of what He gives us, just enjoy his presence.

I did try and spend some fun time with the girls this weekend. Wade was finishing his diving certification so he was gone all day Saturday and Sunday. The girls and I went for a picnic and to play in the park for awhile on Saturday. I decided after we left to try and find them some flip flops. Their sitter bought them some before she left for Cambodia, but the girls have worn them everyday so they are looking a little shabby. Renah kept asking if she could get the cow as well. I didn't know what she was talking about until Ainsley told me she had found a cow when they bought the other flip flops and really wanted it. I told them I didn't know where they went last time to get the shoes so we probably would find the cow. Needless to say she was dissapointed. I decided to go to the Dollar General and when I pulled in the parking lot, Ainsley said "this looks like where we came with Miss Rachel (their sitter)" They had a display of stuffed animals outside and as we drove by Renah saw a cow and got so excited! "My Cow, My Cow!!!" I took them to the display and they were on sale (the Dollar General has sales? - they can get cheaper?) She found the cow she wanted and it mooed - she hasn't let go of it all weekend, every few minutes I would hear " moo, moo" coming from her arms! Ainsley had seen a monkey last time that she wanted but found a pony she wanted even more. We also found the really cute flip flops!

Sunday after they took me out for lunch (they offered to "take" me to McDonalds but I told them I would pay if we went to O'Charleys!) we did end up going to McDonlads so they could play for awhile but at least I didn't have to eat there! I am amazed daily by them - they are growing so fast and come up with some of the craziest things! I want time to speed up on Wade getting his diploma so we can have more children and I can go back home but at the same time I want the girls to stop growing so fast so I can enjoy them being this age. Does that make sense at all? Moms, you will understand! I am enjoying this blogging thing - It is a good place to get out what I want to say whether anyone reads it or not! Have a great day!

No comments: