Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Emotions abound

I have been so emotional lately. If you know me at all I am an emotional person anyway, but lately I could all cry so many times. I hold it in as it happens at very inappropriate times. I found myself getting so emotional while watching the inauguration this morning. I saw all those people there so wanting a man to end all of their troubles. It is something we all have done, put too much faith and trust in a human. And as humans, we all fail, we cannot be all things to all people. I am not saying this has never happened with a new president, it just feels that so many people have feel that the new president is our Saviour. I am that praying for him, that he does seek the one true God for answers to run this country. Wow, that is not where I meant to go but I really found myself so emotional this morning!
Anyway, there have been other times that my emotions have tried to take over and most of the time it is for no real reason! I was making lunch and for no reason I felt like crying. Maybe I should just take some time and cry and get it all out so I don't want to cry over deli meat! Even right now thinking about it, my eyes are welling up!

2 comments:

Buffi Young said...

I was emotional too yesterday during the inauguration. For me it was the historical significance of what was happening. It is so sad though that people look to a man to bring them hope. It just shows us how much our world needs Jesus.

About the crying...I seem to do it a lot too. I don't know how close to my age that you are...but it really could be hormonal! Those little hormones do CRAZY things to our bodies!! :) Hope you have a great day!
Blessings,
Buffi

mrssaf said...

looking out over the crowds and saying they are like sheep without a shepard huh? I understand... you are letting your heart be broken by the things that break the father's heart.