Saturday, August 30, 2008

I have no title

Sorry, I really can't think of a title for the blog! Is it really almost September? This has been a big month! I turned 30, I quit my job to become a full time student, and my baby started kindergarten! It has been crazy. So far my classes are going pretty well, my favorite is my counseling class. I am taking that class as an elective since I am getting my degree in education.
The only reason I am getting the education degree is that I am so close to finishing that one, my masters will be in counseling. One of my professors said something in class that struck me. She said, that when you know you are in the field you are supposed to be in it will not feel like work. Even the classes won't feel like drudgery. Right now that is how I feel about my education courses - drudgery! I am doing it because it is the way I feel I should go to make things easier for me but I love my counseling course. I have always loved the psychology classes I took. I wish I had listened to that voice inside when I was younger but at least I realized before I started teaching. I feel that one should not teach if it is not in their heart. The kids will know!
Ok, off my soap box! Right now I am enjoying a little bit of me time. My hubby and girls are napping and I am watching a Hallmark movie and blogging - jealous? Hubby just got up and made it all the way to the chair and fell back asleep! So I am going to stop this for today and I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day!

No comments: