Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas Meme

So I "borrowed" this from Musings of a Housewife (woo hoo I learned how to link!) I love her blog, she is so honest and funny. So here is her Christmas Meme with my answers though I "borrowed" some of her answers as well!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for the family and gift bags for others, not because I don't care but I am not a good wrapper or rapper for that matter.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Last year we went with real and I think as long as we are stateside we will have the real thing!

3. When do you put up the tree? I like putting it up the Saturday after Thanksgiving but this year we were out of town so we are putting it up today

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, in small amounts though

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably the year I received the walkman - yes, a cassette one!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband and FIL

8. Easiest person to buy for? The kids and my MIL

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I think we lost that on one of our many moves

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail absolutely!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I got a gold sparkly black sweater from my mom right after I got married. I gushed over that ugly thing and later my husband cautiously asked me, " So you like that sweater your mom got you?" I laughed and said "absolutely not but my mom always buys me ugly clothes and I have had years of experience pretending to like them!" I was impressed with my acting abilities!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Movie and It's a Wonderful Life - 2 very different types but I love them both

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the spirit leads. - yep me too

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? guilty - 3 words- seashell picture frames

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? too much to choose from

16. Lights on the tree? Yes! I prefer white lights but Wade and the girls are all about the colors

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home!

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon! Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen! But do you recall… the most famous reindeer of aaaaaaaaaall… Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer! - "borrowed"

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an angel whose wings light up and move but I think might be too big for the size tree we will need this year

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve - new jammies and the rest Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Christmas decorations put out too early. Patience, people! Let’s enjoy Thanksgiving first! - I agree

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like them ALL!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham and the sides

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? good memories

No comments: