Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas gifts

During this time of year I think most of us stress over a lot of things. I know my shortlist of things would include: finals, money, Christmas, dirty house, papers... These things weigh on me and make it hard to enjoy the season. The last few months have been difficult financially but I have to give all credit to God and tell you that He has come though on more than one occasion to bless us in one way or another and I am so grateful that we are able to give our girls a nice Christmas and pay our bills. Wade and I do not have jobs right now as we feel this is what God wants for us right now and He has come through everytime we have needed Him.
He has given us not only monitary things but this year I was given a wonderful gift from God. This year I met an amazing couple that have adopted me and my family. This wonderful lady has become a mother to me and a grandmother to my girls. She makes me feel loved and accepted and while I had a close relationship with my dad, he died almost 4 years ago and I miss that fatherly bond and with her husband I have that. I think this is one of the things I am most thankful for this year. This is a desire I have had for so long and supressed it so as not to feel disappointed but God in His goodness gave this to me and I am so glad. So this year if you have someone who loves you unconditionally, be thankful and if you do not don't give up.

No comments: